Removing Fabric Dye From Skin

Category Miscellaneous
When dyeing cloth you want to avoid getting the color on your skin, as it can be a challenge to remove right away. This is a guide about removing fabric dye from skin.

I wore a tie-dyed bandanna that covered my forehead about 8 months ago. Now I have a dark stain on my forehead that I have not been able to remove. Can anyone help?

By Liena from San Francisco, CA

Answers

Anonymous

I am rather surprised that you would still have a stain after eight months because skin sheds a layer of dead cells every 24 hours and renews itself about every 28 days. You might want to consider seeing a doctor or dermatologist in case you have an underlying health problem.

Use light "oxygen peroxyde " (old fashioned way to bleach hair to become blonde) you should be able to find that at the chemist shop. Ask for the one used for discoloring.

I too am concerned that there is still a stain there. Are you saying that you have had this stain for 8 months? How long did you wear the bandanna for? If you have had this mark on your forehead for 8 months, and you are not wearing the bandanna, I think you need to see a doctor. It just doesn't seem possible that you could have a fabric dye stain for this long. When people dye clothes, and accidentally dye their hands, the stains are gone in a few days, even if they do nothing special.

Usually you can get rid of such stains by exfoliating the skin. I use pumice stones on my stained fingers, for the face, I would use the pads they sell for facial exfoliation. Was it an irritation that left a scar-like mark? That should be treated differently, possibly with Vit. E. oil to get rid of the stain. Also, if you have darker skin which is subject to a different sort of scarring, that also may be a factor. Be a detective & find out the source of the mark/irritation!

Have Color shot instant fabric Color on my hands how do I remove it

Thank You so much for your help !! Also after monkeying around with everything in the house , 100% acetone worked the best !!! No discolouroration left on skin at all !!! Again Thank You

How do I get T-shirt dye off my hands?

Marissa from Grafton, WI

Answers

Use a little liquid bleach such as Clorox and rub it into your hands. Works like a charm, but make sure that you wash your hands immediately so you don't get any chemical burns.

I used this and it worked great!!!!

How might I clean my skin of both black and green fabric dyes which bled from new bed sheets and now cover about 65% of me? They seem insoluble in water and only slightly so in 70% alcohol. My nearest alternative would seem to be some 320 grit emery paper. Anyone?
.