Removing Hair Dye from Wood Cabinet

When I dyed my hair the plastic bottle went flying, and spattered the side of my bathroom wood cabinet.

By Marion H.

I got hair dye on my hardwood floors earlier tonight. My DH and I used OxyClean powder. We sprinkled the powder on the spots and added a tiny bit of water then scrubbed it with an abrasive dish pad. It took a little elbow grease but it worked like a charm and it didn't discolor my wood at all! The trick is to not add too much water. The more abrasive, the better. Hope this helps...good luck!

The Oxyclean idea is incredibly effective! I was coloring my own hair tonight (to save money and have control over my hair color, like many of us!) and when I was done and feeling pleased with every-thing, I looked down and saw dark brown stains on our recently refinished dining room floor! I couldn't believe it. But I knew that if I put this problem into a search someone would have had a similar problem and found a solution they were willing to share.

That's what's so great here - people are willing to take the time to tell what solved their problem, so that maybe others will benefit. It sure helped me! Thanks to everyone on this site who is generous with their hard-earned wisdom. I appreciate it! - Donna.Miner