Removing Hard Water Spots on Windows

I tried Scrubbing Bubbles from recommendations from this site to clean windows of hard water spots. I scrubbed with still wool for several minutes and it did not take off the hard water spots. Any other good ideas?

Best Answer

Rub half a lemon on to the water spots, allow the lemon to soak on the area for a few minutes. Then wash off with plain water or use a glass cleaner. You may have to do this a couple times.

I would try Barkeeper's Friend.

There is an old recipe using white vinegar, and rubbing alcohol, and water. I can't remember the ratio though. You could experiment a little unless someone else knows.
One thing I've tried and it works on some kinds of water spots, is to mix a half cup of baking soda with a quart of hot water until it's completely dissolved. Put it in a spray bottle for easy application and after spraying on the window, wipe it dry with newspaper. It 's worth a try.

Step 1
Start with equal parts water,and vinegar distilled.

Step 2

Scrub the window with a sponge.

Step 3
Then let sit 45 minutes.

Step 4
Then dry off with a clean dry rag.

Anonymous

I have bought stronger vinegar than you get at the grocery store. I purchased it from a Home Hardware store. It is alot stronger and it will remove hard water spots, let stay on stains and scrub with a scrubbie.