Removing Ink From Red Leather

My car seats are red leather. I have a 1/2 inch blue ink stain on my back seat. How can I clean it off?

Michelle

Answers:

Removing Ink From Red Leather

Simply use aftershave or alcohol to remove this stain. (02/01/2005)

By xxfayxx

Removing Ink From Red Leather

I don't know if alcohol would work. I would think it would strip the leather of its colour? I used an antibacterial facial cleanser and it did the trick (phisohex). (04/01/2005)

By Crystal

Removing Ink From Red Leather

I've always heard that hairspray removes ink. (08/29/2005)

By BrookesMommy

Removing Ink From Red Leather

I have a soft red leather purse by Coach (very expensive $500) and I marked it with a black ball point pen. I used antibacterial on a Kleenex to remove it. It took the pen mark right off. As I applied it I poured water over it to remove the alcohol from the purse as soon as possible. It did remove the ink and some of the red color (barely) off the purse. I wished I applied the antibacterial to a Q-tip instead of a Kleenex and rubbed it off softly in layers with the water. I'm pretty sure red shoe polish will buff it right out. (03/07/2008)

By Kelli

Removing Ink From Red Leather

Antibacterial hand sanitizer worked like a charm. I massaged a small amount onto the stain with my finger tip. The ballpoint ink is gone and leather is fine, no discoloration. (10/16/2008)

By Barbara

Anonymous

Used a cotton swab dipped in perfume and it worked like magic on my genuine beige leather sofa

Anonymous

You saved my life!!! I was so upset when I found a blue inch stain on my red Prada wallet...and was very afraid of trying anything that might damage the leather...but a drop of antibacterial and bit of rubbing with my fingers took it right off. Thank you!!!

You saved my life!!! I was so upset when I found a blue ink stain on my red Prada wallet...and was very afraid of trying anything that might damage the leather...but a drop of antibacterial and bit of rubbing with my fingers took it right off. Thank you!!!