Removing Motor Oil from a Hoodie

How can I get a set in motor oil stain out of a hoodie jacket?

I do not know if you can, but try oxi clean colour.Mix a tbls with some water make a paste rub on stain,let sit for 1 hour.Then wash as usual.

Thank you, but Im afraid I tried everything and the stain is still there.,

Normally when you first get the oil on your clothes you are to use a paper towel to try and get as much of it out as possible. Next you are to use dish soap like Dawn to apply to the stain and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.

Scrub around the stain and rinse. Apply again if needed. I also found the hand cleaner to remove grease from your hands works best for me. Apply this to the stain and rub it in and then rinse and do it again if you still have oil there.

Depends on the fabric. That is a tough stain.

First pass, I would put a paper towel or white rag on each side and and try to blot out as much as can be -- you can use cold water to dampen the spot. The goal here is to "wick away" as much of the oil as you can.

Once that is done, take regular blue dawn dish soap, the simple kind and rub it in with your fingers on both sides of the stain. Let it sit overnight and then rinse out with cold water.

If that doesn't work, you can try rubbing baking soda into the spot and then (with a clean rag behind it so it does not bleed through to the other other side of the shirt) pour vinegar (white) on it. It will fizz. Let it sit for 1-2 hours and rinse with cold water.

Last pass is to make homemade oxi with equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and two parts cold water, shake them up in a jar and then pour the mix on the stain. Let it sit for 1-2 hours, then wash, don't machine dry until the stains are out.

Also be sure not to dry this in the dryer until the stain is gone.

I hope this will help! Post back with updates!

Motor oil is a tough one. I am sad to hear you couldn't get it out.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsMarch 22, 2020
🐰
🌻
😷
👒
🐛