Removing Nail Polish From Comforter

I have a down comforter that my wonderful 3 year old spilled nail polish on, any suggestions on how to get it out?

Tiffany from Toledo, OH

Answers:

Removing Nail Polish From Comforter

This is obvious but, Nail Polish Remover, assuming it is not an acrylic type of fabric. Acrylic can melt. I am not sure about other synthetic fabrics, but natural ones should be fine.
Editor's Note: Acetone nail polish remover can melt polyester fabrics. (07/09/2007)

By Krystal

Removing Nail Polish From Comforter

Not sure if this will work on nail polish, but I just had success removing paint from a shirt using Crisco. I rubbed Crisco into the paint spot and let it sit for a few days. Every day I would scrub the area with a stiff brush and/or would pick the paint with my fingernail. Finally, after about a week, all the paint scraped off. Then I put alcohol-based hand sanitizer on the greasy spot and ran it through the laundry. Good as new. I believe the paint was latex and the shirt was cotton. Good luck. (07/13/2007)

By Heather

Removing Nail Polish From Comforter

If it is a comforter that you want to keep, I would just take it to a reputable dry-cleaner without trying to clean it yourself. If you botch the job, then it makes it that much harder for the drycleaner to help. It will cost a little more than a home fix-it, but a lot less than buying a new comforter. (07/13/2007)

By Karla