Removing Naphthalene Smell in Furniture?

I had to get rid of a completely finished wood storage chest that had wools and moth balls in it because of lingering odor, 2 years after emptying it. The clothes put in it afterward got smelly after a month.

I have the same problem with unfinished (oak and luan) dresser drawers. They also were aired out for 2 years. So airing out is not very effective for wood.
Which leaves questions like can it be sealed and with what type of finish? Or washed, with what, etc.? Or is this the end, just get rid of it?

By DB

A friend gave me a wooden head board (unfinished on the back) that reeked of smoke. I put charcoal in to to nylons & hung it behind the head board. Worked like a charm!

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsNovember 7, 2014
🌻
😷
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Naphthalene-Smell-in-Furniture.html