Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

I have been overwhelmed by the horrible smell in my carpet! I have steamed, used baking soda, enzyme sprayed, etc. with no success. I have since decided to use previously used coffee grounds. I have read that it works miracles on many things! I took dried coffee grinds sprinkled all over smelly areas. I left it on overnight.

I vacuumed this morning. The smell is going away! It is still faint; but I can sit on the couch and not feel sick to my stomach! I would recommend using this for several days. (I will let you know if it goes away!) I already notice the area where I ran out of grinds. It smells. I look forward to drying out more grinds from this mornings brew! It does need to be repeated.

Good wishes on your smells!

By Viktorya from Dayton, OH

Answers:

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

The odor probably isn't in your carpet anymore. It's in the floor! I rented a place once like yours and I had to have the landlord rip up the carpet and treat the floor. That worked! (04/17/2009)

By MaryKay

Removing Pet Urine Smell From Carpet

Plain old white vinegar. If you have carpet you will have to soak it down to the flooring underneath. The vinegar smell will go away when it dries. If the smell is old you may have to repeat, be patient. (04/19/2009)

By 1stborn