Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

I would like advice for how to get skunk smell off a dog?

By brett loitz from Zimmerman, MN

Answers:

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

You mix a box (smaller size) of baking soda with most of a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, and add a couple of good squirts of Dawn dish soap liquid. Wet your dog and rub this mixture in all over. Allow it to remain on your dog at least five to ten minutes; then rinse thoroughly. It does a great job! You can't use it as thoroughly on the face, but do the best you can. (06/17/2010)

By Jill

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

In my experience (twice) you can give a dog a bath in tomato juice and it does the trick. (06/17/2010)

By Suntydt

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

I'm trying to find my old answer posted here, last times my dogs got skunked. Don't waste your time with tomato juice, it only reduced the smell as long as it's on the dogs. It's a waste of perfectly good tomato juice. I used Nature's Miracle, but I also used the peroxide/baking soda/dish soap mix and was looking for my recipe. I wish I could search this site for answers I've posted! (07/24/2010)

By M. Dwyer