Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

How can I remove skunk smell from dogs?

By tish from Qualala, CA

Answers:

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

Old fashioned tomato juice works really well, or you can buy "Skunk Off" at your local pet store. (08/04/2010)

By Sherri

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

There is a recipe and I am not sure of the amounts, but since you wash it off, it should not really matter. It is peroxide, baking soda, and lemon juice that does it. I had a friend who had a dog that was sprayed badly, and this helped. It is a mess, those little critters are so good at stinking our dogs up! Oh good I found the amounts of this recipe:

http://www.wikihow.com/Deskunk-Your-Dog
Blessings.

(08/04/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Removing Skunk Smell From A Dog

Good luck! Our dog was sprayed about a month ago and we tried everything!. Tomato juice-forget it. We mixed up the hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and detergent. That was no help. We bought all the skunk deodorizers at the hardware store, sprayed the carpet, sprayed the dog, and shampooed everything. Nothing works. Only time will take it away. (08/25/2010)

By Marcie