Removing Smoke Stains from Microwave

How do I get smoke stains out of my microwave?

Thanks.

Kathy

Answers:

Removing Smoke Stains form Microwave

Combine one and half cups water, one cup lemon juice, and a squirt of dish washing liquid in a glass dish or bowl. Microwave this mixture on high for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the bowl, then working quickly, wipe the interior of the microwave with a clean sponge. If this does not get all of the smoke stains off the interior of the machine, rub a paste made of baking soda, dish soap, and water on the stains, buff until they are gone. Good luck. (06/03/2010)

By tracesof

Removing Smoke Stains form Microwave

I use this cleaner for all problems in the microwave. I put some lemon wedges (if you have older lemons this a good way to use them) in some water along with baking soda. Set the microwave so that the water boils and leave it in there for about a half an hour (after it has boiled). The steam gets every stain out that I've ever had, though I'm not sure I've ever had a smoke stain in there. But it can't hurt to try right? Just wipe the inside out after the half hour. I used to clean houses and this even works when someone (obviously) heated spaghetti sauce uncovered in the microwave days earlier. It's a breeze to clean. (06/03/2010)

By patioelf