Removing Stagnant Air Smell from a Room

Category Odors
A closed up room can begin to have a stagnant, stale, musty odor. This is a guide about removing stagnant air smell from a room.

How do you remove the smell from a closed room and keep it airy and fresh?

By Parul from Delhi, India

Answers

Can you get distilled white vinegar (not the malt kind for chips, but the plain white)? If yes, set several shallow bowls out in the room-trust me, the vinegar smell will fade in about a half hour, and so will the musty smell. You can also wash the walls with a vinegar and water solution; another trick is to dampen a tea towel with vinegar and wave it around the room for a few minutes. That trick works especially well if something has burned on the cooker. :)

Vinegar works best.

I would buy a bottle of ammonia found in the cleaning or laundry section. Place a couple dishes of ammonia in the room. It will absorb the odors. I have even added ammonia to my shampooer when I clean my carpet.