Removing Stains on Nylon Clothing

Depending on the type of stain, there are a couple of good options for removing it. Try vinegar and a soft toothbrush. A bit of laundry soap may also be required. This is a guide about removing stains on nylon clothing.

You may be able to remove permanent marker from your nylon jacket with the right products and process. This is a guide about permanent marker stain on a nylon jacket.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How do I remove a slight white spot from a nylon skirt?

Answers

Best Answer

Unless you have spilled bleach on your skirt this could very likely be a soap residue spot on your skirt.

You will need white vinegar and an old toothbrush.

Step 1
Fill your sink with cold water and a 1/4 cup of white vinegar.

Step 2
Soak the garment in the water.

Step 3
Use your hands and the old toothbrush to work on the stain.

Step 4
This should loosen the soap and remove the stain.

Step 5
If this stain wasn't from washing and it isn't soap then we need to determine what the stain is from.

Step 6
There are several other possibilities why you have this stain on your clothes.

Step 7
White wine, milk or baby formula, bird accident, or correctional fluids.

Step 8
Each one of these stains has a different way to remove them. If the vinegar and water didn't remove your stain I would suggest trying one of these other methods.

I have a white nylon sweater that I love, but I have used oil on my arms causing the sleeves to yellow. I have used white vinegar and lots of other things.

Nothing works. I haven't used any bleach or put it in the dryer. Any help would be appreciated as it is a beautiful sweater that I hate to part with.

Answers

I would use an oxygen based cleaner like Oxyclean

My favorite puffy coat was white nylon and I brightened it up a little by soaking it in a bucket with a cup of fresh lemon juice and ice cold water (1 gallon of water). I let it soak overnight and hung it in the sun to dry. That was the challenge as it is Pittsburgh and sunny days are a challenge to find!

It wasn't perfectly white after, but it was better!