Removing Stains on Nylon Clothing

Depending on the type of stain, there are a couple of good options for removing it. Try vinegar and a soft toothbrush. A bit of laundry soap may also be required. This is a page about removing stains on nylon clothing.

How do I remove a slight white spot from a nylon skirt?

Answers

Best Answer

Unless you have spilled bleach on your skirt this could very likely be a soap residue spot on your skirt.

You will need white vinegar and an old toothbrush.

Step 1
Fill your sink with cold water and a 1/4 cup of white vinegar.

Step 2
Soak the garment in the water.

Step 3
Use your hands and the old toothbrush to work on the stain.

Step 4
This should loosen the soap and remove the stain.

Step 5
If this stain wasn't from washing and it isn't soap then we need to determine what the stain is from.

Step 6
There are several other possibilities why you have this stain on your clothes.

Step 7
White wine, milk or baby formula, bird accident, or correctional fluids.

Step 8
Each one of these stains has a different way to remove them. If the vinegar and water didn't remove your stain I would suggest trying one of these other methods.

I have a white nylon sweater that I love, but I have used oil on my arms causing the sleeves to yellow. I have used white vinegar and lots of other things.

Nothing works. I haven't used any bleach or put it in the dryer. Any help would be appreciated as it is a beautiful sweater that I hate to part with.

Answers

I would use an oxygen based cleaner like Oxyclean

My favorite puffy coat was white nylon and I brightened it up a little by soaking it in a bucket with a cup of fresh lemon juice and ice cold water (1 gallon of water). I let it soak overnight and hung it in the sun to dry. That was the challenge as it is Pittsburgh and sunny days are a challenge to find!

It wasn't perfectly white after, but it was better!

You may be able to remove permanent marker from your nylon jacket with the right products and process. This is a page about permanent marker stain on a nylon jacket.

Blue Nylon Jacket

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsSeptember 25, 2018
🍂
🎄