Removing Sticky Black Residue from Cheap Rubber Bath Mat

Has anyone had a problem with your rubber bath mat (cheap one) sort of "collecting" a bit of sticky, black residue? It is not mold or bacteria. It is, well, I'm not sure what it is or where it came from. But I really started having a problem with it after I sprayed a mixture of Clorox (chlorine) and water on my shower walls and on the mat to remove mold and sanitize them.

Now when I use the mat, after I get out of the shower, I have a sticky black residue on the bottom of my feet that I have to use rubbing alcohol to remove. Any suggestions on how to get this off and prevent it from coming back?
Thanks.

I would use Goo Gone on it and wash it separately

Sadly you are talking about the issue that made me give up on bath mats years ago and just use those sticky bath bottom appliques instead. At least when those go bad it is only a dollar or two to replace.