Removing Super Glue from Fabric Upholstery

I am in a jam. My grandson has spilt some super glue on a fabric sofa. Can I get any of the products to remove it in the UK?

By myraanne

Best Answer

Hiya from Scotland:)

Have you tried 'freezing' the glue off? Take an ice cube, hold it against the gloop of glue for a minute (a real 60 second count, you're trying to freeze the glue) then try to flick the now frozen gloop from the upholstery using the edge of a credit/debit card or a loyalty card (Boots, Tesco, NectarPoints, etc).

Once you've got that big gloop off (lol, been-there/done that, it's never a small spot, is it?) any remaining gloop should come off using an acetone based nail lacquer remover, or mineral spirits. Although I've never had those products strip colour from a piece of upholstery, always test the product in a section that isn't seen before using on the spot to be sure your fabric won't strip.

How do you get out kcrazy glue out of your pants.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 17, 2014
🌻
🐛
😎
📓