Removing Urine Smell from Couch

How do I get my children's urine smell out of my couch? It's a corner couch and it has pillows for the back, So how do I get the smell out of my couch? I have tried everything. Does anyone know any tricks, because I have taken the covers off and washed them in the washer, but the couch cushions still smell like urine.

By Ashlee

Best Answer

When I had an infant, my pet cat was very angry about it. She would pee on our couch, our bed, any piece of clothing left on the floor. I used the product KidsNPets, which is an enzyme cleaner, like Nature's Miracle. Soak the cushion and then let it dry. As the cleaner hits the urine, it changes it to something else that doesn't smell. If you have nice enough weather, you might try drying it outside because sunshine can also help with odors.

Good luck! They will be old enough for a new couch soon enough. :)

This odor has been on my sectional for awhile. He has stopped now but the yucky odor is still there. I have a microfiber sectional. So is this KidsNPets be put on without staining it. I believe I bought out the store and their products didn't work

Use Aloe Very in clean washing water and rinse it. The smell will automatically go.

Go to Walmart to the pet department and buy the big bottle of Out urine remover. Put it in your own spray bottle. It works for my adult bedwetter, it will work for a child. Spray heavily and let dry, the smell should be gone.

Anonymous

I am having this issue at this very moment. My daughter had an accident on the couch after she fell asleep there and I didn't carry her to her bed. I cleaned her up and got her in bed and fell back asleep before taking care of our new sofa. This morning I used my carpet cleaner with upholstery attachments to clean the cushions. I used cold water and a cap full of vinegar (I wasn't sure if the vinegar would harm the fabric) and sucked up as much moisture as possible. The odor was still very strong so I used baking soda very liberally all over the cushions. I took handfuls and spread it all over the fabric and interior foam cushion (after unzipping it partially because the urine was right where the zipper stops and the fabric continues). Again, I used a lot and pressed it into the foam and all over the fabric. I wasn't too worried because we have a warranty that covers these instances and allows for you to try and remove stains yourself before making a claim. I figured if it didn't work I'd just call the company and fill out the many forms and send them in along with the blood of my firstborn (they don't make it easy to file these claims at all!). After letting the baking soda sit for a few minutes I got impatient and vacuumed it up. The smell was dissipating but was still there. I reapplied the baking soda and let it sit for a solid 30-45 minutes. I looked at the cushions and thought to myself, I'm never going to get all of this up so I better go hunt down that receipt if I don't want my couch to forever look like I dumped a bag of flour on it. Well, to my surprise, my conservatively priced nothing fancy vacuum cleaner with the little brush attachment picked up every last bit of baking soda and the super fine dust left over came out with a good beating. The odors are gone and I don't have to sacrifice a lamb to the warranty gods and submit forms in triplicate after being notarized and stamped with the ink from a giant squid. Hope this helps and good luck. Next time I'll suck it up and carry her to bed with the traumatic images of the carnage that was my sofa today.

I will try your suggestion ... but the reason I'm writing you is to tell you that you had me rolling... thanks for the laugh you're awesome !

how to get rid of human urine on car seat....