Removing Urine from a Couch

Can baking soda clean up urine from my couch?

Angela from MI

Answers:

Removing Urine from a Couch

Probably not effectively. Look in either the pet section or baby section at Walmart/Target and you should find something called Urine Gone or something like that. That will probably work pretty well.

Is this human or pet? If it's a pet you need to neutralize the smell otherwise they will continue. I had a cat that had a bladder infection and he would pee in the middle of my daughter's bed or in her closet on the clothes. It made me so mad until I took him to the vet. I have found that if you liberally soak in white vinegar it does neutralize cat/dog urine. (12/10/2008)

By jasanders

Removing Urine from a Couch

I use Resolve, It works perfectly on human and animal urine. (12/11/2008)

By castleberrycc

Removing Urine from a Couch

White vinegar applied liberally (in other words soak it) will get rid of the smell. There is nothing better for urine odor removal, whether human or cat and it doesn't harm fabrics. (12/11/2008)

By castorswind

Removing Urine from a Couch

There is a product called Nature's Miracle in the pet store. It creates a chemical reaction with the enzymes in urine. It works really well for pet and human urine. We had to use it several times when my daughter was younger. The key is you have to soak the spot with it and it may take several treatments. Of course on a couch, test it first. (12/15/2008)

By craftygirlz