Removing Wax from the Wall

Have you ever blown out a candle in a wall sconce and gotten wax all over your wall? Well here is my tip to remove it. You especially want to get that wax off before repainting. Place a clean white cotton towel or cloth over wax on wall. Using regular household iron on medium high heat, with no steam. Iron over towel. Continue using clean areas of towel until all the wax is removed. You may have to use more towels if you have a lot of wax. This tip will work to remove wax from carpet also!

By Doreen

Answers:

Removing Wax from the Wall

Using a brown paper bag works much better. I use brown paper bags to soak up melted wax when I am doing batik. (07/13/2005)

By Renmeleon

Removing Wax from the Wall

What a great idea Doreen! Thanks for sharing this as I have some to remove from my carpet. "Not Me" was on the loose again and no one is owning up to it! I'm sure the towel will work perfectly and all of us with this problem appreciate you contributing to the site :)
Maryanne
http://www.teapotcottage.com (07/13/2005)

By Anonymous

Removing Wax from the Wall

Thank you so much for the info. I had wax all over my wall and on the floor and I used your method and it worked. thanks a lot. if you know how to get wax out of a sofa please let me know.

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) The best way is getting a few pieces of paper towels and an iron set to a low setting. Iron the place on your sofa through the paper towel and the paper towel will absorb the melted wax. It may take a few times to get it all. (04/04/2006)

By annette