Removing a Stuck Lid from a Pan

My boyfriend was making burgers and wanted to melt cheese on top of one with a bun covering it. To melt the cheese faster, he put a glass lid over the burger and the steam sucked it into the pan and then it was stuck. I did a Google search for help without much luck. I left the pan in the fridge for a few days, took it out today and decided to hit the side of the pan against the concrete. The lid came out instantly! Try this instead of other methods and you'll get your pan back in record time!

Anonymous

I put the pan back on the stove, turned the heat to high, placed a cloth on the lid and placed ice cubes on the cloth. The pan was then hotter than the top. Within 20 to 30 seconds, I noted bubbling between the pan and the lid. I simply lifted the lid off as I knew the air lock no longer existed.

Reheating pot placing ice cubes directly on lid released its vacuum

I put the fry pan back on the stove after attempting to do the freezer routine (which did not work) and put ice cubes directly on the lid and it immediately broke the seal. So happy!

Anonymous

Thank you, it worked!

Thank you so much! This method worked for me.

Youtube video showed holding the pan up by the lid and whacking it with a rubber mallet. Worked like a charm. None of the other suggestions worked for me.

Yup! Lid was stuck so good drilling a hole in the lid didn't even work. Finally got to the point that I figured we'd end up throwing away the pan, lid, and dinner.

Hauled it outside, gave it one good whack against block. Went inside, prayed and ate.
Boom.

Anonymous

I put the hot lid on my kitchen table and the lid got struck . What should I do to remove it

Just place the pan over boiling water - like a double boiler - until the lid loosens.

Ok we took a meat cleaver and pounded on the pan upside down. It worked!!