Repairing Concrete Statuary

Category Other
Sometimes even this solid material can get broken. This guide is about repairing concrete statuary.

My concrete birdbaths all have cracks and leaks. How do I fix them?

By Kay A. from Anna, TX

Answers

Use a quick patch epoxy product. You will probably have to repaint to get consistent colors.

Use epoxy filler. You will have to drain the birdbath first. Instructions are here: www.doityourself.com/.../how-to-repair-a-cracked-concrete...

I was given a large concrete pig as a lawn ornament and over the years the paint has been chipping off. Can anyone tell me what kind of paint I can use to repair my pig?

By Gayle

Answers

There are paints for concrete. Go and speak with someone in the paint dept. at your home improvement store.

You might even check a hobby store for paint that might work, although it won't come in any quantity of size, probably only good for "parts" (like eyes).

I have a duck that sits on my front porch that is about 15 years old that was in sad need of some paint so I bought the craft paint from Michael's Craft Store and after I repainted her I sprayed her with a clear acrylic top coat and it's been two years and she still looks beautiful! Hope that helps. :)