Repairing a Brother Sewing Machine

Some sewing machine repairs are easy enough for the owner to make themselves. Others may require taking it in for repairs. This page contains some information about repairing a Brother sewing machine.

I just opened the box yesterday. It is a new refurbished machine, number xm2701. The bobbin will not slide over or spin. Then I did it by hand, now the needle will not go up and down. The machine turns on, but just makes a sound, no function.

Answers

Best Answer

Hopefully you purchased it from a reputable seller/store and can return it without a problem.
Since it is "machine not working" problem you should not have to pay return postage.
Try to use the same shipping box unless they send you a new shipping box.
Use the same carrier if possible (USPS, FedEx, UPS) or whoever they specify.

They should provide you with a return postage label so be sure to check this out.

If you bought it from a local store then return it as soon as possible as these things are not always easy to repair.

Best Answer

looks like a flaw in the motor, or a part that the refurbisher used broke off, maybe it was a generic part and not the original, or maybe it got damaged in shipping

aside from the obvious thing of contact the merchant, you can try to fix ityourself with this link www.sewingmachinesinstitute.com/

I just received my great grandmother's sewing machine. I have really no clue about one this old. But I do have common knowledge when using a "newer" sewing machine. The place you would re-thread the bobbing does not work.

I tried using it, and sometimes the needle goes down and it will make a weird sound, but it won't come back up and the thread breaks.

Please help.

Answers

Best Answer

If your needle is making a noise, it is probably hitting something. There is something out of alignment or the timing is off. Brother.com has customer support. I would contact them first.

I replaced my needle and now my sewing machine won't thread the needle. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like you have the needle put in wrong. There normally is a flat side on the needle and it goes to the back of the machine.

Check the needle and make sure it is installed correctly. It sounds like you may have one of the self-threading machines and you can get it to thread.

It may be possible to use a generic memory card in your Brother SE425 machine as long as it is completely compatible and does not affect your warranty. This is a page about using a generic memory card in a Brother SE425 sewing machine.

Hand holding a SD memory card

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Some problems with a sewing machine can be repaired by the crafter or seamstress. Certain issues simply need an adjustment made to correct the malfunction.

This is a page about what to do when a Brother CS6000i sewing machine won't sew.

My Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine Won't Sew

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesFebruary 6, 2020
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-02-13 08:15:47 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️