Brother Sewing Machine Manuals?

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

We bought the sewing machine when we lived in England. It is a model 730. But please be careful here, there are several model numbers that are very similar, but not the same! Ours is a "regular" sewing machine, model 730. There are 730D, 730DE, and even another 730, but it is a serger, not a sewing machine.

Please look at the attached photographs.

We are desperate for the manual, so thank you very much in advance for any help you can give! Older Brother Sewing Machine Model 730

Brother Sewing Machine Model 730

By Carl from NJ

Answers

Anonymous
Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 290 Feedbacks
Best Answer

www.devicemanuals.com/.../Brother-730-Sewing-Machine-Owner...

Anonymous
Best Answer

Have you tried their website?

www.brothersewing.eu/.../217740

Answer this Question

15 More Questions

Now that I am retired I have purchased a Brother Celebrity 21 sewing machine from eBay, but there are no instructions with it. Could any one advise me how to get a copy?

By Ian from United Kingdom

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

You can download a manual online.
homeappliance.manualsonline.com/.../brother_sewing_machine_product_list...

Anonymous
Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 282 Feedbacks
Best Answer

You can usually find these on the Brother USA website - our UK site for Brother doesn't seem to have product manuals for older machines. I found this through a simple Google search using your machine manufacture name and the model name - give it a look to see if it's your machine:

www.brother-usa.com/.../UM_XL_2121_EN_245.PDF

If it is, it's an easy right click to save. Happy sewing!

Answer this Question

This old Brother Charger 651 sewing machine we bought at auction as a machine for the heavier work, seems to have issues with tension, so we are looking for an owner's manual and/or a service manual.

Do you know this machine's model number? There is a motor on the back that says "Brother model c" and the plate has the number 953305. On the front of the machine is a plate with what looks like 616143302. Any information would help me to then locate a manual.

Finding a Manual for a Brother Sewing Machine - older sewing machine

Finding a Manual for a Brother Sewing Machine

I have my mother's Brother (Selectomatic) sewing machine. My dad bought it for her in 1946, I believe. I need a manual for it and would like to purchase the zigzag discs (or cogs) that go with it.

Mother's original discs burned in a fire they had in 1980. Any suggestions?

Answers

Anonymous
Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

There are numerous places advertising Brother's manuals but you will have to have the model number to be able to check if they really have one for your machine. Once you have the model number, you may have to go to several sites before actually finding a suitable manual.

Most of the manuals (even PDF downloads) will cost 10.00 or more so be sure you have found the right model. There are usually photos of the machine so be sure to compare those with your machine. Finding the discs (cogs) may take a lot of searching over a period of time.

All of these sites state they have Brothers manuals but you will have to have the model number to really find out:

www.sewingmanuals.com/.../Brother.htm

www.brother-usa.com/.../Default.aspx?PGID=3

Anonymous

You should be able to get help from any Brother sewing machine retailer. If not, brother.com
If you cannot get information from the site, give them a call.

Answer this Question

I cannot find the manual for this machine on Brother's website or any other site from my google search.

I need a copy of the manual for a Brother BC-2500 sewing machine, in English. Can I download this manual from somewhere?

By JPP

Answers

Anonymous

www.manualsmania.com/model.php?model=57f481ca6f8855c2bcf38de6d1157a2554f79c6

Anonymous

Download it here free:
www.brothersewingmachines.gur.co.../.../3606_Brother_BC_2500_Sewing_Machine_Manual_in_English...

Before saving it to your computer, check to make sure the manual is the correct version for your machine - if you bought your machine in the USA there may be differences (minor ones).

I tried to find your manual on the US Brother site but the search feature came back as 'not found', and the drop-down menu wasn't any help either.

Anonymous

Try www.manualsonline.com
Margaret from Denton, TX

Anonymous

Try www.manualsonline.com
Margaret from Denton, TX

Answer this Question

Is there a service manual for a CS 6000i Brother sewing machine?

Where can I find a manual for my sewing machine?

I need a sewing machine manual for my vintage Brother Pacesetter sewing machine/ZU2-B687 G-85676013.

I am looking for a manual for a Brother 2005 sewing machine.

Answers

Anonymous
Bronze Answer Medal for All Time! 155 Answers

Contact the firm. Sometimes they can be very helpful in replacing manuals. You'd need to go online to discover your nearest Brother firm.

Brother sewing machineI was able to buy an older Brother sewing machine for $20.00 and it works OK for me. The bobbin loads from the side and I can sew some with it and I think I have the needle in right. Does the needle eye have to be a side load too? And where do you fill the bobbin? Does anyone know how to adjust it so I can fill the bobbin fully, not less than a quarter of the way. I can not find out any information on this machine at all. Thank you for any help.

By Karen R. from Canada

Answers

Anonymous

First, try this link to Brother-USA for a free or low cost download user guide - instructions on how to find your model number are on the linked page, then follow the rest of the instructions to find your model user guide/owner manual. The information you'll need to get the most from your vintage Brother sewing machine is best found in the manual, and most Brother machines sold in Canada are supported through the US site (parts, sales and repair locator, manuals, free projects, etc).

www.brother-usa.com/.../#.VIbm8iijLzI

Next, look for a repair tech near to you with experience on vintage Brother sewing machines, and take the machine in for a servicing (usually around $50CAD). The tech will clean, oil, and check over your fab find to be sure there are no hidden problems/problems waiting to happen. He/she will usually also be willing to show you how to wind the bobbin, and demonstrate special features you may not be aware of. It's definitely a very worthwhile spend to have a machine you can be confident is in good working order!

I need a DVD to help me sew. It's hard for me to read the manual.

By Susan from Bedford Park, IL

Answers

Anonymous

Go to the Brother website for the US and order one; the company makes several DVDs and the price is very reasonable.

Anonymous

Join the Yahoo Brother knitting machine group or sewing machine group, its free and will get all the help needed from group members. Cliff.

Answer this Question

I bought a second hand Brother domestic sewing machine, model No. 274 and I can not find its user manual. I asked Brother international and they told me that the model is too old to keep its user manual.

Does anybody know where might be found such an user manual?

Answers

Anonymous

Try going on eBay and searching. Then 'Save' your search so you get emails when one comes up.

Answer this Question
Load More
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesApril 21, 2013
😎
🎆
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Brother-Sewing-Machine-Manuals.html