Repairing a Lopsided Luggage Wheel

Category Other
Repair a damaged luggage wheel with Plast-aid, it will help fill in broken areas on the rolling surface of your suitcase wheels. Learn how to make this repair below.

My husband and I were browsing around for luggage for our holiday, but we were on a severe budget. We came across a free piece of luggage! The issue was it had a wheel with a huge chunk taken out of it, so when you'd pull it, it would bounce up and down and make a thunking sound. Annoying! But not annoying enough for us to let it go to waste. Here's how to fix a lopsided rubber or plastic wheel using a product called Plast-aid.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Link: Plast-aid site

Related Product:

1. Make sure you're in a well-ventilated area. Sand lopsided area of the wheel down a bit and dust off. Mix the Plast-aid components together until they have the consistency of thick cream. Apply and form to shape of the wheel. Keep molding, you'll notice it will keep getting harder. Let dry at least 15 minutes.
  2. Advertisement

3. Take the sander again and get rid of all the rigid Plast-aid edges until a smooth wheel forms.
  4. Push the wheel around to make sure there are no thumps. If there are, mark its thumping point and sand it down a bit more.

Anonymous

I like it.

I just learned a new idea with plastic...Thanks for the information about repairs for plastics

You're welcome! :)

I have some old (maybe 100 years) garden tools. The grain in the wooden handles has 'opened up' a lot.

I would like to fill the grain and thought about using Plastic Wood but a tiny can is expensive. I'm thinking this Plast-Aid might work just as well and cost less?

Home and Garden Repair OtherFebruary 20, 2020
🍀
🐰
🌻

Generated 2020-02-21 23:07:06 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️