Repairing a Phoenix 540 Embroidery Machine

I have a opportunity to buy a Phoenix 540 embroidery machine, but it needs to be fixed. When you push the start button the machine runs at high speed in one spot. The owner replaced the motor and it still does the same thing after the motor was replaced. Is it worth buying and repairing?

Are you are talking about the Industrial Embroidery Machine 15 needle Phoenix 540? If so, these are very expensive machines and usually takes a trained technician to analyze and repair them.
I would suggest for you to talk to someone that has one of these machines and can maybe give you some professional advice about the problem you are asking about or find a technician. It would really be best if you could take it to someone to check it out. There should be some sewing shops in your city.
Now, you probably already know how much these machines sell for so I think you should weigh the asking price against possible several hundred dollars in repairs or get a real repair estimate before you commit.
Hope you are going to use this to make money to override the cost...

I would call a shop that repairs these machines and ask for a range to repair. Take this into consideration when you make your offer.

I personally don't buy anything unless it is in working condition. You get no guarantees; I bought a bread machine, used it twice, and it bit the dust. However, I paid very little for it.