Troubleshooting an Embroidery Machine

Embroidery Machine
Determining what the problem is with a embroidery sewing machine can be a challenge and may require a professional repair person. This is a guide about troubleshooting an embroidery machine.

I am new to machine embroidery. I am using a Brother Innovis 955. My first test pieces were fine. I am now trying to sew a satin stitch name using the same thread, material, and stabiliser as the test piece, but the stitched letters are coming out white (bobbin thread) not pink like the thread on the top of machine. I hadn't changed any settings, but have tried changing the tension, put in a new needle, etc. all to no avail. I am confused.

Answers

Your test pieces were small. The actual piece may be much bigger, and the weight of the piece may be pulling and causing the machine stitches to come out wrong. Try laying the piece of material on the sewing table so it is not stretched as you sew.

Solved! As I said new to machine embbroidery, it was the bobbin thread not being fed properly.

I cant believe how much time, effort and material I wasted trying to sort when all I needed to do was rethread the machine, but at least I have discovered this potential 'fault' before attempting a large project.

I am glad you solved your problem.

Hopefully, your manual has some problem solving questions and answers which I have found are a big help even before I have a problem.

manuals are a good "read" when you have a few extra minutes.

i really cant offf any advice. but one solution is to use same color in both placs :(... good luck

sadly this problem was not covered in the manual but they probably assumed I would think to try rethreading-I know now!-thank you for your help.

Does anyone know about the Maker Original MK3700 embroidery machine and how it works? I have had it for week and had just endless problems to get it going.

Are you saying the name of the machine is "Maker Original"? I cannot find anyone who has ever heard of a machine with this name. No one - so far - has recognized the number/model MK3700 so it will be difficult to help with your problems without more information.

Do you have a manual? Please try to locate more info on the machine (sides, underneath, or any paperwork) and submit reply. Maybe someone knows more but otherwise you may have to ask someone at a sewing shop. Google sewing shops with your zip code and make some calls - maybe someone can help you.

I can't find this make either. If you had it only a week, I would contact the seller and ask for some lessons. If the machine is faulty, get your money back.

Have you found any more information about your machine? Did you talk with the previous owner about any booklets or any other information they can supply. I know these machines are expensive even used but you will need instructions or you will never be able to use this machine. You will need a name, maker and model number or you will not be able to find a manual or be able to order any parts you may need.

Call some sewing shops or visit them and have photos and any information as they are usually very informative about these machines or they can give you an address of someone that may be able to help you.

I have searched, as well, and can't find a thing. Look around the machine for model numbers or other imprinted information and let us know.

I have a opportunity to buy a Phoenix 540 embroidery machine, but it needs to be fixed. When you push the start button the machine runs at high speed in one spot. The owner replaced the motor and it still does the same thing after the motor was replaced. Is it worth buying and repairing?

Are you are talking about the Industrial Embroidery Machine 15 needle Phoenix 540? If so, these are very expensive machines and usually takes a trained technician to analyze and repair them.

I would suggest for you to talk to someone that has one of these machines and can maybe give you some professional advice about the problem you are asking about or find a technician. It would really be best if you could take it to someone to check it out. There should be some sewing shops in your city.

Now, you probably already know how much these machines sell for so I think you should weigh the asking price against possible several hundred dollars in repairs or get a real repair estimate before you commit.

Hope you are going to use this to make money to override the cost...

I would call a shop that repairs these machines and ask for a range to repair. Take this into consideration when you make your offer. I personally don't buy anything unless it is in working condition. You get no guarantees; I bought a bread machine, used it twice, and it bit the dust. However, I paid very little for it.

I am having several problems with my Brother embroidery machine 350se and there is no repairman near by. First, it will not do any decorative stiches at all. It won't even do a stretch stitch. It embroiders just fine, but my problems seem to be in the sewing postition.

I have definite problems with no bobbin tension and the fabric seems loose with the foot down. The feed dogs are in the up position. Is there away to adjust the foot pressure? I know I need a new bobbin carrier, but am wondering what else I need before I place my order.

It really sounds as if your machine needs a good overhaul. With complex electronics, there often seems to be little you can do yourself any longer. I would bite on the bullet and contact your nearest Brother manufactory to see where you can take your machine. Good luck!

I have Brother Disney SE270 embroidery machine. My husband bought me this machine years ago, so I took it out recently to embroidery something and it worked for a few days, but then it locked up, and made a terrible noise, and there was an error message. The wheel that moves the needle was locked up so I opened the bobbin holder and played with it a little and got it loosened up. And it worked again but only for about a 1/2 hour then it locked up again, could this have a simple fix? Or would it be better to take it to a dealer? Thank you for any help you can give.

my brother he1 wont pickup bottom thread