Repairing a Remington 700 Electric Typewriter

I have an Accent Remington 700 whose keys get stuck and repeat randomly. I mean the keys that get stuck are random and they type over and over without me depressing the key. Can it be saved?

Good luck finding a typewriter repair person. They are a dying breed.

I have heard that using a can of computer air 'spray' on top and underneath would fix some of these problems but it has been many years since I owned one of these so I cannot vouch for this solution. Be sure it is unplugged.
It may be worth a few dollars to find out..

Oh yes, I did hear of someone using one of those small computer vacuum cleaners but even a regular vacuum brush might get some of the dust.
I'll bet if you take a q-tip dunked in alcohol and run it along the sides of the keys it will be very dirty...

You can Google typewriter repair service with your zip code and you may be surprised as there may be one in your area. If they repair any type of typewriter, they may be able to fix yours because it really sounds like it could use a good cleaning.

Post back if you find anything that helps.

Home and Garden Repair OfficeJuly 11, 2019
🐛
🌻
📓