OtherRepair

Repairing an Old Cotton Banner

I have found an old fabric banner that I would like to spruce up. It is a cotton fabric background with cotton letters glued on. Any ideas on how I can spruce this up without redoing the whole banner?

Best Answer

You can sew trim around the border. Look for wide ribbons.

Thank you! That's a good idea.

Best Answer

I'd get some nice iron on trim and patch pieces from the craft store and apply them with an iron.

It looks like you have some room on the bottom corners for adding a fairly large horse/pony applique.

• You may have to search the craft stores (Michael's, JoAnn's) for a large non-whimsical horse or pony applique but I have seen them. You could use iron-on or just sew them on.
  • Ad

• If you buy a pattern you could cut the figure out of a different color felt and sew or glue it on.
  • There are a lot of appliques for sale on the Internet but Etsy has the largest selection. You may have to wade through quite a few listings to find something suitable.
  • If you have a western clothing store in your area it is possible they might have something to strike your fancy.