Reprogramming a Garage Door Remote

We just bought a new house and not long after we had some electrical storms. That maybe relevant, I don't know. We have 4 Aprimatic TR2 remotes which operate an electric gate on one button and the other button operates a Merlin 430r garage door. The gate still works, but the garage door doesn't on any of the four remotes.

I googled Merlin 430r, etc. and learned that to program my remotes I need to press the "learn" button. Well this I can not find. My 430r does not have the green strip which hides the learn button as indicated on all the 430r's I've looked at even on eBay.

To operate mine manually it has a red switch on the side to press and also a tiny button underneath marked manual control which you also can press. While I've been looking for this "learn" button I found the original Merlin remote which operates the door fine. I'm no electrical wiz and don't want to lose the front gate operation. Please help if you can. Cheers.

By Brad W.

Call the customer service line for your Aprimatic remotes. They can probably talk you through it over the phone.

You can call the company and request a manual. Mine has the instructions written step by step.