Garage Door Remote Timing Out

My Craftsman model 139.53673SRT3 garage door opener was working 100%, but recently developed an unusual problem. The remote works correctly, except it will not work while the unit lamp is on. Once the 4.5 minutes have timed out the remote works perfectly. So when I open the garage door with the remote, I have to wait the 4.5 minutes to close the door with the remote. Any suggestions?

By Jim Z

Did you ever figure out the issue with your Craftsman? I have been experiencing the same exact issue with the remotes not working when the light is on. I figured out one way to cheat the system by turning off the light from the keypad before leaving the garage then the remote will work.

That worked perfectly for both of my remotes for a few months. Lately though one of my remotes stopped working completely even after changing the battery and reprogramming several times.

The second remote works about 70% of the time when using the method described above but then it will just stop working and have to be reprogrammed.

Not sure what else to try so was wondering if you had any success figuring out the issue...

Had the same problem. I had a fluorescent bulb that was flickering.

I unscrewed it and the remotes worked fine. Not sure why a bad bulb was causing the problem.

Anonymous

Having same problem, going to check bulbs now,standby