Valentine's DayCrafts

Repurpose Victoria's Secret Shopping Bag for Valentine's Day

Vote for this contest contender!

If you have any shopping bags laying around, you can repurpose those bags into thoughtful handmade Valentine's Day gift bags.

Your gift bag will pair perfectly with your purchased or handmade gift. I was able to use items I already had at home to make this!

Total Time: 20-25 minutes

Yield: 1 bag

1. I traced a heart shape in the center of my shopping bag.
  2. Next stick a magazine into your bag so as not to cut the other side of the bag and use an X-acto knife to carefully cut the heart out.
  3. If your bag has logo/text like mine, you can think of something creative to cover it up. I decided to go with an arrow. I cut shapes to resemble an arrow (rectangle and triangle). Worse case scenario if your bag has a lot of logo/text you can make a collage with magazine cuttings or cover with construction paper, etc.
  4. Finalize the placement of the arrow and glue down. Stick the magazine back in the bag and carefully trim off the part of the arrow extending into the heart shape to make it look seamless.
  5. As a fun touch, I punched out hearts and dots to put into a packing slip pouch. Seal the pouch with some tape.
  6. Place the pouch inside the shopping bag and mark the heart outline as a guideline. Then glue around the guidelines and secure with tape on the inside to keep the pouch in place.
  7. Add your gift and it's done!
  8. Ad

Very smart as they already have a very lovey dovey feel! :)

Thank you! I always save all of my shopping bags. They can be very useful :)