Rescued Kitten With Eye Discharge?

I rescued a kitten that had terrible fleas so bathed her with a little Dawn and rinsed her well. The fleas are gone. I hope the eggs are too. The real problem now is that she has a little matter coming out of the corners of her eyes. Is this something I can address at home now? We plan to take her to the vet as soon as we can get an appointment (It's Sunday and they're closed).

Getting rid of the fleas was important. I have seen fleas kill small kittens. Most small kittens have an eye infection so you will need ointment from your Vet. You can gently wipe the matter away with a warm wet washcloth. That helps, but she will need to be treated. Blindness can result if she is not treated. A day or two delay will not matter too much. Good luck to you.

Pets CatsAugust 1, 2016
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Rescued-Kitten-With-Eye-Discharge.html