Resolving AT&T Billing Problems

Resolving billing issues with cell phone providers can be frustrating and take up a lot of your time. Failing to get satisfaction from the provider even after speaking with supervisors, you may need to contact consumer advocacy organizations, the Better Business Bureau, or even local news casters who specialize in resolving these issues. This is a guide about resolving AT&T billing problems.

For the past 6 months I have been billed for each long distance call individually. I have the "unlimited" long distance plan. Each month I'm told it will be fixed, result of a "computer glitch", etc. I'm past frustrated.

Does any other Thriftyfun person have this constant problem? Again I have to get past the automated part to speak to another customer service representative, who "guarantees" this will be fixed. I have spoken to supervisors also. I am filing a complaint with the FCC.

By Keeper from NC

Answers

Best Answer

Contact the Beter Business Bureau. I had a billing problem with AT&T for my cell phone bill. They wanted to charge me over $100 for data usage that we didn't use! The customer service representative and the lady who identified herself as the manager both argued with me. In fact the manager seemed to think she could read minds because she insisted that my husband *intended* to use the internet on his phone. I contacted the BBB via their web site www.bbb.org. They took the charge off my phone bill and only charged me one cancellation fee when I switched to T-Mobile.

Best Answer

Thank you all for your help and sharing similar frustrating situations. I had to call them again yesterday to adjust Feb.bill. After 6mins.of automated crap and 20mins.with a human we reached a decent figure! I'm told it's a computer glitch,the previous Rep. Didn't log the problem,blah blah blah. She finally asked if I'd like to speak w/a Supervisor which I rattled off the 3 Supervisors names and 5 previous Reps...total silence.

#4 told me she didn't appreciate my tone of voice! Her, I hung up on before I said something obscene. Anyway I have the FCC form ready to mail and will call the BBB today. Bring back truthful Customer Service and do away with automated phone response. Thank y'all again.

I don't know if you're familiar with Clark Howard. He has TV a show that comes on here in TX on Saturdays around noon I think. He's written financial books, etc. and he's on the radio. People call him with all sorts of problems and I bet it has a solution for you. His phone number is listed on his website. Go to ClarkHoward.com and you'll find his number. I have unlimited long distance calling and I've never had a problem so that doesn't make any sense to me. Call or e-mail if you can Clark Howard. You'd be suprised at the questions people ask him and has very good advice.

I went to his site.Very interesting.Thanks.