I tried this recipe not long ago and we really liked it. I had leftover corned beef so it was easy to assemble. You could try pumpernikel bread in place of the rye.
- 1/2 to 1 pound corned beef, cooked, diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 can or bag sauerkraut (16 oz), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pound shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 slices rye bread, crumbled
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Place corned beef in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Dot with the dressing. Spread sauerkraut over top; sprinkle with cheese. Toss crumbled ry bread with the butter then sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
By Debbie Dzurilla
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!