Reuse Fancy Chocolate Containers

Although I never could afford Godiva chocolates, my friend always got them for her birthdays and anniversaries. The boxes make the most beautiful containers for earring storage! That pretty gold covering looks so elegant. And just about the time it begins to wear out, another one comes along. My mother did the same thing with a Whitman's Sampler box way back when!

By fab4mom from Walker, LA

Answers:

Reuse Fancy Chocolate Containers

I remember just wanting those type of boxes for their prettiness. I would put sewing things in them. In the 50's and early 60's, things like that were where you found them, not where you bought them. (12/11/2008)

By PIKKA

Reuse Fancy Chocolate Containers

My husband will deliberately buy things in decorative containers because he knows I'll happily reuse them for years. My hair "doodles" are in one right now. This beautiful, heart-shaped metal box originally contained some sort of decadent chocolate balls that were filled with a buttery liquid.

I also remember when they sold cigars in wooden boxes. Slap a little contact paper or wallpaper inside and out, and they were the perfect size to save old letters and just about anything else!

Anytime you can get something in any kind of reusable package - whether it's metal, wood or plastic - it's like getting two for the price of one! (12/12/2008)

By JustPlainJo