ReusingGreen Living

Reusing Glade Gel Air Freshener Containers

I was given a bunch of these Glade air fresheners (pictured below) as someone didn't like the smell. Normally I would buy more eco friendly air fresheners or make my own. I'm wondering if anyone has any neat ideas to reuse or recycle these containers once the gel has been used. I know I can put them in the actual recycling bin, but I'm trying really hard to make the most out of things before actually disposing of them. If anyone has any ideas, crafty or other uses for these white containers, please let me know! Thanks so much to anyone who has any suggestions!

By thriftytea

I'm not sure if these are the kind that plug in and give off scent, but if so, then I would just make sure all the chemically stuff is gone and then add essential oils.

maybe that would work regardless of whether it's the plug in variety or not. It might be good as natural air fresheners if you insert a cotton ball that you add essential oil drops to, or you could add potpourri or saches to it

obviously the shapes themselves are pretty evocative and you can decoupage them and have them look like keepsakes

here's a good pinterest board of people doing stuff like this www.pinterest.com/.../

They make very cute Santa and Mrs. Claus decorations.