Reusing Outdoor Christmas Displays

I have been recycling the lighted Christmas frames of the lighted deer that are put outside for decorations. When the lights go out people put them out for trash. If I see them, I will stop and pick them up.

I have 3 deer. I cut off the lights and stake them in my gardens with long tent spikes so they are very sturdy. I then plant a clematis. My favorite is the fall clematis Sweet Autumn as it is a vigorous grower.

In one year I have one deer that is almost completely covered, pruning a bit to conform to the shape of the deer. They really do look great in the garden and keep them out of the landfills. Also they are coated wire so they won't rust and they were free. Have you priced them at the nurseries. Wow!

By Connie from Ballwin, MO

Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 10, 2014
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Reusing-Outdoor-Christmas-Displays.html