Reusing, Reviving, Repairing Old Batting?

Is it realistic to revive batting once it starts to separate? I've taken apart old worn quilts and have loads of used batting. I'd really love some ideas on how to reuse, revive, re-fluff, smooth it out, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

By debgram

If you ever make stuffed animals, pillows or even the draft stoppers (stop air from coming/going under door or window) they need to be stuffed, so i'd use the old batting. I would even use it when I make the covered photo albums.
When you take it out of the quilts I would try to pull it apart to try to fluff it up and make it less lumpy, sort of like when you try to get a knot out of long hair.

Crafts Recycled CraftsJuly 17, 2011
🎄
😷
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Reusing-Reviving-Repairing-Old-Batting.html