Sewing MachinesMachines

Reverse and Needle Down Button Not Working on Silver Sewing Machine

I have a Silver 1080 sewing machine. When I press the button for reverse it won't work. Neither will the button for needle down position.

It may need a good oiling.

My first thought is the needle isn't seated correctly (take it out, check for dust, and reseat it). If you have already tried that, and it still isn't working, I recommend calling or emailing their help desk/customer services:

silversewing.co.uk/contact

Hope they have a super easy fix for you!

Good luck!

We have no way to know what country you live in but I do not believe you are in the USA??
It is possible that you will need to contact someone in your area to help solve your problem as I do not believe these machines are sold in the US.

• You may be able to contact the company but most likely they will only refer you to your local dealer for support/help with your machine.
  • Here is a link for a #1080 just in case you do not have a manual for your machine:
  • There are very good instructions on how to clean and check your thread and bobbin so be sure to look these over carefully. You can download and print this manual so it will be easy to reference each step. If you have trouble downloading you can find a link to manuals on their web site.
  • silverviscount.co.uk/.../product&product_id=56&limit=10
  • It could be just the tension but you may have to contact a dealer for help. Here is their site that has instructions for help in your area.
  • silverviscount.co.uk/
  • Here is the company website that has a place to email for service so maybe they can help find you an answer. The email address is at the bottom right side of the page.
  • silverviscount.co.uk/.../aboutus