Ricotta Pancake Recipe
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
September 7, 2016
This is my version of silky, delicious ricotta pancakes without having to separate the eggs to create volume. They have become a favourite with everyone I've served them to. It's hard to go back to regular pancakes after a taste of these, and now, they're not so hard to make!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 8 pancakes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- butter/oil for cooking
- Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix ricotta, milk, eggs, and vanilla in another bowl until very smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Stir until combined.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Melt some butter or a tiny bit of oil in the pan and swirl to cover surface.
- Pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup amounts per pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes per side. They should be golden.
- Serve with maple syrup. I prefer fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.