Roast Chicken and Tomato Noodle Soup

Category Chicken
Leftover roast chicken is perfect for making this tasty soup. The recipe for roast chicken and tomato noodle soup can be found on this page.

I love to use the leftovers from my roast chickens to make soups. The carcass is used to make the stock, but the meat is set aside and dropped in at the end of the soup-making process so it stays juicy and does not lose its flavour. I came up with this when I saw my mum pushing away the meat from a chicken noodle soup, saying that all the goodness from the chicken chunks had been sucked out, leaving nothing but dry stringy squares. I think I've done that before, too! This is a wonderful and comforting soup that is very easy to make.

To make the chicken stock, pick most the meat off the roast chicken and reserve. Place carcass in a large pot and cover with cold water. You can add chopped vegetables if you like. Bring to a boil, then simmer, partially covered, for 1 to 2 hours.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 25 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 6 servings

• ½ onion, chopped
  • 1 can (14.5) diced tomatoes
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 3 cups chicken stock
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 ½ cup dry pasta
  • 1 ½ cup roast chicken chunks
  • 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar

1. Lightly grease a large pot and place over medium heat. Add onions and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
  2. Add diced tomatoes and garlic powder. Stir and cook for a few minutes.
  3. Pour in chicken stock, water and about ½ a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil.
  4. Drop in pasta, stir, then lower to a simmer. Cook until pasta is cooked, about 12 or so minutes, depending on your pasta type.
  5. Stir in roast chicken chunks. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChickenNovember 21, 2019
🎄
🍂