InternationalRecipes

Roasted Chicken with Aji Sauce

Our family loves a little Peruvian restaurant in our town. It's delicious but a little too expensive. I did a search for the famous aji sauce they serve and found a few options. The first one I tried was amazing! It is so simple but full of flavor. I serve this chicken and sauce with fried plantains, pinto beans and white rice with lime, cilantro and green onions stirred in.

Total Time: About 2 hours, minus marinating time.

Yield: Easily feeds 4, with leftovers

1. For the chicken: Combine first 9 ingredients, minus the chicken (olive oil through sugar). Put 2/3 of the marinade under the skin of the chicken. Work it in there and make sure it is all coated. Put remaining marinade on skin. Place in roasting pan and put in refrigerator, covered. Marinate 6 hours.
  2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place oven rack in lower-middle position. Cook chicken at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes. Turn down heat to 375 degrees F. Cook 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let rest for 20 minutes.
  3. For Aji Sauce: Place remaining ingredients, minus the olive oil in the blender. Blend all ingredients, until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Let all those ingredients "mingle" for a few hours. Serve with chicken.

Top Comment

I thought your step-by-step picture tutorial made this recipe look very easy.
It has a lot of ingredients but when put together, I think you are right- this is going to make for a quite delicious dinner. Thanks!

Looks yummy : )

My mouth is watering just looking at this!

I use a recipe very similar to this one. I absolutely love the flavor it gives the chicken. The only thing I do different is that I take poultry scissors and take off the "back bone" of the chicken and lay it flat. It roasts quicker.