Roof Repair for Low Income Homeowners

I am 51. My roof is falling in and has mold on the outside. My ceilings are also falling in on the inside of my house from the roof leaking. Now I have black mold growing in my installation. I do not have the money to fix this; I live on 735 dollars a month. I cannot get a loan because the house is in such bad shape, and also my credit rating is not good.

I have my daughter living with me and we are staying sick all the time from the mold and it is getting worse by the day. Is there anywhere that I can get help to repair this? I do not have the money to pay for these repairs.

Best Answer

I would suggest churches, Habitat for Humanity, Family Services, and the Boy Scouts. The reason I say Boy Scouts, is because years ago I know one area where a boy scout started a program to help people in your situation as his Eagle Scout project.