Rooting Rose Cuttings

Can I keep rose cuttings in water all winter or should I plant them now? They have started rooting already. Should I bring them inside or plant them?

Do not plant outside until all danger of frost has passed. Keep them in a perlite soil mix.

You don't say what zone you are in. In Pittsburgh because we seem like we have 6 months of winter and 6 months of summer, I only planted my rootings in what is now our summer (late May/early June--when there is no danger of frost OR excessive rain--which doesn't leave much time these days because our weather is horrid!).

I have kept my rootings inside in a sunny window until then. I always get them "used to" the outside, but leaving them outside during the day for a few days (in the spot where they will go) and then bringing them in at night...until I do the final planting.

Good luck!! This is great way to have a lovely garden for a very little price!!

I live in north Texas I've been rooting them for over a month I was wondering if I should plant them now are wait til spring. Will they live inside

Mine lived inside just fine!!

I asked around to my TX friends and the consensus is they have all had luck planting clipping grown bushes between February and May...with the average being late March/early April!!

Happy planting!! Enjoy your beauties!!!

Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsOctober 16, 2018
🐛
📓
🌻