Rooting a Spider Plant

There is a very large spider plant at my kids' school. One day when I was there I was able to collect a small baby plant from it.

I brought it home and put it into the lab flask that I use for rooting plants. I filled it with water so that the bottom of the plant was submerged. Over the next few weeks it began rooting and is now ready to be planted in soil. It was much easier than I had expected. Now it can continue growing and make its own little baby plants. :)

lalala
Welcome to the world of plant propagation. Warning: It can be highly addictive! Love your description of how you acquired the plant.

Oops! After perusing your extensive list of submissions, I see you're already quite knowledgeable in house plant culture. Good. Now, I've yet another source of information. Thanks

I really enjoy finding new plants to root in my little jar! :) I was surprised at how quickly the spider plant rooted though.

In These Pages
Home and Garden Gardening RootingJanuary 9, 2015
😎
🌻
🐛
📓