Rose Embellished Birthday Card
The lovely details seen on the finished card belie the reasonable amount of time needed to create this very special card. This is a page about crafting a rose embellished birthday card
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Use stamping and embossing techniques to create a rose embellishment. Add some detail with a Pilot silver pen, and you have created a birthday card that will be sure to convey special wishes.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 8.2 x 5.6 in light purple marbled cardstock
- 4.4 x 3 in light purple marbled cardstock
- 5 x 3.4 in dark purple cardstock
- 2 x 1.5 in dark purple cardstock
- silver fabric bow
- white acrylic paint
- fine paintbrush
- VersaColor pink, yellow and green stamp pads
- clear embossing powder
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Upikit border punch
- heat gun
- pair of standard scissors
- quick drying glue
- Score 8.2 x 5.6 inch light purple marbled cardstock in half to create a card sized 4.1 x 5.6 inches.
- With the fold at the left, position and glue the 5 x 3.4 inch dark purple cardstock onto the front of the card, carefully ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- Use the border punch to add detail to the middle of all four sides of the 4.4 x 3 inch light purple marbled cardstock, and then glue this piece of cardstock onto the front of the card.
- Now use the last piece of cardstock, i.e. 2 x 1.5 inch dark purple cardstock. Use the paint brush to apply an even layer of the white acrylic paint onto the Jablos stamp. Be careful not to apply too much or too little paint to the stamp, as you will end up with an uneven effect. Transfer the image onto the dark purple cardstock and then carefully lift the stamp. Allow the stamped image to dry thoroughly before continuing with the next step.
- Now add some detail to the rose. Use the paint brush again to apply some ink from the stamp pads to the rose. While the ink is still wet, sprinkle a liberal amount of embossing powder over the wet ink.
- Shake off any excess powder and use the heat gun to emboss the powder. The powder will turn shiny once enough heat has been applied.
- Lastly, use the Pilot silver marker pen to add a border pattern all around the dark purple cardstock.
- Glue the rose embellishment to the front of the card.
- Finish it off by adding the silver bow.
Editor's Note: If the measurements look odd to our US readers, that is because she is using European A4 sized paper. Letter sized paper in the US would be 8.5 x 11 inches, so some adjustments would be necessary. A4 paper can be found at some stationary stores and office supply stores, i.e. Staples, in the US.