ChickenSoups

Rotisserie Chicken Broth

I know this is so simple it seems silly to write a recipe for it; however, I've been cooking for a family of 9 for over 25 years now, and I've thrown away many rotisserie chicken carcasses before it dawned on me that I could save $1.50 per quart by just taking a few minutes of my time. It makes the cost of our dinner of roasted chicken almost pay for itself

Can be prepared in crockpot.

I let the broth cool just a bit, then strain it and use a funnel to fill quart mason jars, tighten lids, then store for a week or so in my refrigerator.

1. Place all ingredients in a large stock pot, or crockpot.
  2. If cooking on stovetop, bring to boil, then turn down heat, cover, and simmer for 2-3 hours. Or, cook in crockpot on High for 4-6 hours.
  3. Strain broth by using a slotted spoon; store in refrigerator and use within 1 week.

If you are going to have this much broth, why not store it in plastic bags or containers and freeze, then you could have it for several months. That would really save a lot of money.

How thoughtful was this to "share" with us all. I have been making broth ever since Costco (The best rotisserie chickens) ever "Spit" 'em out.

While some "tips" are really senseless-this one is practical, yummy and of course thrifty.

Soup, gravy, and anything else calling for chicken, are so much better with our homemade versions.

My birds come from Costco. They are simply the best and a great bargain.

Time = Money. Crock-pot or Stove-top, this the best way to get the total savings from this easy, delicious broth.