Rudy (Beagle-Pit Bull Mix)

Your Pet's Age
8 yrs

Your Pet's Breed
Beagle-Pit Bull Mix

How and when did you get your pet?
Rudy came crashing through the woods across from my driveway one day while I was pulling in. He was about 9 months old. I gave him some water, but no food, so that he'd go back home. Eventually it was evident that he wasn't going anywhere. I posted flyers far and wide but no one claimed him. Then I put a dog house on the porch for him, and he continued to stay for an entire year, through snow storms, thunderstorms, on and on. So I finally wised up, realized that he had made his decision, and I let him move into the house. That was that!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Rudy catches rabbits like nothing I've ever seen! I was not thrilled by this development, to say the least, but that's just his thing. Since we have a large over abundance of wild rabbits, I've come to accept it, especially since it keeps him so healthy (see below).

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Rudy is basically a three-legged dog with four legs. His right rear leg is deformed and much smaller than his left. He stands on his tip toes on that leg and basically uses it for balance. It's so much shorter that he has to fold his right foot beneath his bottom to sit down. It doesn't slow him down much - he catches rabbits! Chasing them keeps his thigh muscles and hip joint strong. Rudy is a clown, and extremely loving to all.