Rum and Butter Grilled Peaches With Ice Cream

contest winner icon
How many this recipe will serve depends upon how many peach quarters and/or how much rum butter sauce each person wants. Try sprinkling with toasted almond slivers before serving too, Yum!

• 3 medium completely ripe but still firm peaches, cut into quarters, pit removed
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup rum
  • 1 large scoop vanilla ice cream per person

Directions:

Preheat grill to high.

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, add brown sugar, stir until sugar is dissolved, gradually add the rum, while stirring, and remove from heat.

Dip the peaches in the sauce to coat and place quarters, an inside of the peach down, onto the grill.

Once the grill side down of a peach quarter shows grill marks then turn them over to the other inside side of the peach down onto the grill plate, continue until that side shows grill marks and remove from heat.

Place peach wedges into the bowls of already scooped ice cream, drizzle each of the bowls with the sauce and serve.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Yum! Also reminds me of home :) Win win!

Deeli, I have to tell you that your recipes are the ones I seem to collect the most. This one is already printed and ready to try. You must be an awesome cook because you're making me one. Thanks.

Ah, Rum..... Natures perfect food. I would tend to not cook the rum, that would keep the alcohol in.

I was wondering what to serve for my book club next time, and you have just provided it!

I'm going to do this one as my "cheat" for summer. Sounds wonderful. So good for our get together barbecue! I may try using less butter :-)

Hey Deeli, think that I will make this one for Uncle Ronny this weekend.