Salmon Sun-dried Tomato Pasta

Category Pastas
By using canned salmon and other items from your pantry, this recipe is easy to prepare any time. It is nutritious and delicious too. This page contains a recipe for salmon sun-dried tomato pasta.

My dear friend who studies nutrition made this pasta dish for me when I told him the nutrient levels in my food diary were a little off balance. I've never been a fan of supplements, but I really don't have the means to buy everything my body needs. The great thing about this recipe is you can keep the main ingredients in your pantry and restock when on sale. This is a very easy to make and a delicious pasta dish that is high in protein, iron and vitamin C.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 25 minutes

Yield: 4 to 5 servings

• 8 fl oz dry spaghetti
  • 3 tsp olive oil
  • 8 whole mushrooms
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 can (14.75 oz) cooked salmon
  • 2 tsp garlic salt
  • 2 arbole chiles
  • 2 fl oz sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
  • small bunch of fresh basil

1. Bring water to boil in a big pot. Salt the water and cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes. Drain (do not rinse).
  2. Chop onions and mushrooms.
  3. Ad

4. In a large pan, add 1 tsp olive oil and cook onions for a few minutes.
  5. Add mushrooms and cook another couple of minutes until lightly browned.
  6. Cut the tips off the arbole chiles and pour the seeds onto the mushrooms and onions. Discard the pepper skins. Add salmon and garlic salt.
  7. Add another tsp of olive oil to the pan and mix. Add sun-dried tomatoes. Rip up the basil with your fingers and drop in.
  8. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl. Mix in cooked spaghetti. Add last tsp of olive oil and toss to mix well. Serve.