Salvaging Over Sanded Furniture

I recently refinished my first project, an older vanity table. I stripped it down to the bare wood and restained it a darker color. I definitely over sanded the drawers. After staining it and putting polyurethane on it, it's clear that the drawers were over sanded. They are just more dull and lifeless compared to the main piece. Is there anything I can do to revive the drawers other than painting them? Thanks!

Best Answer

The drawers almost look like they are a different wood, they seem darker. I am not sure you oversanded. I think you may have 2 different types of wood that take a stain and finish differently. You might try a second coat of polyurethane to get a better shine on the drawers. Remember 1st projects are the one you learn the most from. Your vanity looks good.

Check out this website:

homeguides.sfgate.com/fix-oversanded-wood-46749.html